Motorola Europe Hi everyone,
Below are details and install instructions for the latest Milestone update:
Software Update for Motorola MILESTONE (MR2.5)
This update provides improvements to the phone’s performance. For optimal performance, we encourage you to download and install this latest software update.
For more information on your Motorola MILESTONE, visit us at http://www.motorola.com/mymilestone
Who Can Use This Release: All Motorola MILESTONE users.
After downloading and installing the software, you will notice the following improvements:
Improved Stability Prevents the phone from random power cycling (turning off and on), and minimizes force closes in certain applications.
Alarm Improvements Resolves issues with alarm functionality.
Music Player Functionality
Eliminates accidental starting of music.
Audio Quality Enhancements Eliminates instances of choppy audio experienced by some users.
PIN Lock Improvements Allows users more flexibility in setting the PIN Lock timer when using Exchange email.
Proximity Sensor Enhancement
Provides more accurate proximity sensing during phone calls.
Flight Mode Enhancement
Ensures phone service is restored after leaving airplane mode.
“My Location” Improvements
Resolves the issue of Google Maps failing to find "My Location" when "Use Wireless Network" is enabled without using GPS.
Instructions for Installing Software
OVER THE AIR
1. We recommend downloading the update over Wi-Fi or 3G (with a fully charged battery and active SIM card installed in your phone).
2. To update the phone, follow the steps below or wait for the phone to automatically connect to the server
• From the main menu, select the Settings icon
• Select About phone,
• Select System updates,
• Select Download; after software is downloaded, select Install now.
• After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
There is no charge for this update, other than your usual data connection costs.