Sony Xperia Z — Google device finder and block function

• Antworten:4
  • Geschlossen
Lin Da
  • Forum-Beiträge: 3

09.01.2016, 17:54:01 via Website

My daughter lost her phone last week. As soon as she realised it was lost she went online to see if she could find its location at google android device manager. It had been switched off so she pressed block and gave it a password. She also blocked the sim card and ordered a replacement with the same number.

Today she got the phone back (someone found it) but the new sim card isn't working even though she's unblocked the device with the password from the google page. She can go online on wifi but no network. Tried the sim from my phone and it worked, tried her new sim in my phone and it worked.

Do you know why, even though she has the correct the password, she can't use her network? Can you not remove the 'block' that she put on the day it was lost? She went on the provider website (O2) and blocked the sim card and straight away ordered a replacement. It came today, she activated it online and when it didn't work in her phone after an hour we tried it in mine and it worked. We don't understand why she can get onto the phone with the password but not use the sim card.

Andy N.
  • Forum-Beiträge: 22.375

09.01.2016, 17:58:32 via Website

Hi Lin Da

Welcome to our forum :)

Since this is a German forum, a German translation of your question would be highly appreciated. Otherwise I would recommend our English forum at www.androidpit.com.

Viele Grüße,
Andy

OnePlus 3 (Resurrection Remix 5.8.2)
LG G Watch

Regeln | unsere Mods & Admins

Lin Da

09.01.2016, 18:02:22 via Website

Oh sorry I didn't realise :( and my German is rubbish. Will try the english site. Thanks.
Now I just tried to get onto the forum you linked to and it wouldn't take the message as it's identical to one I already posted. Maybe google translate will help:
Meine Tochter hat ihr Handy in der vergangenen Woche verloren. Als sie erkannte, dass es verloren war ist sie online bei Google Android-Geräte-Manager gegangen um es zu finden. Es war aber schon ausgeschaltet also drückte sie Sperren und gab es ein Passwort .
Siesperrte auch die SIM-Karte und bestellte einen Ersatz mit der gleichen Nummer.

Heute bekam sie das Telefon zurück (jemand fand es), aber die neue SIM-Karte funktioniert nicht, auch wenn sie das Gerät mit dem Passwort aus der Google-Seite freigibt. Sie kann online über WLAN, aber ist ohne Netzwerk. Wir probierten mein sim von meinem Handy und es funktionierte, und versuchten ihre neue SIM-Karte in meinem Handy und es funktionierte.

Warum, auch wenn sie das richtige Passwort hat, kann sie nicht ihr Netzwerk nutzen? Können Sie die Sperre, die sie am Tag als es verloren ging legte nicht entfernen?
Wir verstehen nicht, warum sie auf das Telefon mit dem Passwort gehhen kann, aber kein Netzwerk hat.

— geändert am 09.01.2016, 18:12:03

Lin Da

09.01.2016, 18:22:09 via Website

Does anyone know why the english site won't let me post this message again? I mistakenly seem to have posted in the german section? It's teling me I have posted the message already but it isn't showing on the english forum.