YaMBro - A new offline Media-Browser app for XBMC / EmberMediaManager MediaCenters

• Antworten:10
Team YaMBro
  • Forum-Beiträge: 8

16.03.2011, 17:19:29 via Website

Hi,

we've developed an app for Android OS, that you can use to browse your media offline on your Android phone. You don't need an online connection to XBMC (for that use case, use the great, official "XBMC Remote" Android app).

YaMBro is an offline browser, that uses your XBMC or EmberMediaManager database file. Just copy your Database file (MyVideos34.db) to your phone and you're ready to go.

Until we've setup an official web site for YaMBro, we use this thread for any announcements etc.

We need YOU for any feedback, requests, (device) testing, etc.

The app was developed on Samsung Galaxy I9000 but should work on any Android 2.2 (even 2.1) system.

Some pics:

You can download YaMBro here

You're welcome to give us feedback!

— geändert am 22.03.2011, 17:39:28

Antworten
daniello
  • Forum-Beiträge: 2

09.05.2011, 19:32:09 via Website

Selecting the db was not a problem. When I select the "film" button I get an FC though.

YaMBro 0.4

— geändert am 09.05.2011, 19:32:50

Antworten
Team YaMBro

09.05.2011, 21:07:37 via Website

what database type (& version) do you use as source? with XBMC 9.04 there's such a problem known. YaMBro 0.5 will fix this and is released during this week.

Antworten
Matthias H.
  • Forum-Beiträge: 550

10.05.2011, 00:23:59 via Website

Apparently and unfortunately there is now way to use this with mediaportal - so it's not usable for me. :/

Antworten
daniello
  • Forum-Beiträge: 2

10.05.2011, 06:13:29 via Website

I am on XBMC 10.1 Dharma.

Antworten
Team YaMBro

10.05.2011, 09:43:52 via Website

Matthias H.
Apparently and unfortunately there is now way to use this with mediaportal - so it's not usable for me. :/

you could send us an example mediaportal-db or a database-scheme so we could support mediaportal as well...

Antworten
Team YaMBro

10.05.2011, 09:45:53 via Website

daniello

apparently some required fields aren't filled as assumed in your db-file. Until we've implemented a "bug send"-feature, you could send us your db to analyze this issue.

Antworten
Team YaMBro

11.05.2011, 17:42:05 via Website

Team YaMBro
daniello

apparently some required fields aren't filled as assumed in your db-file. Until we've implemented a "bug send"-feature, you could send us your db to analyze this issue.

thank you! we've detected a very massive bug with your support . With released version 0.5 it should be fixed now

Antworten
Team YaMBro

11.05.2011, 20:13:40 via Website

Warning!
There's a bug in version 0.5: It still refers as 0.4 to itself. New version will be released tomorow.

Antworten
Team YaMBro

13.05.2011, 19:04:05 via Website

corrected Version 0.5 now available:
  • fixed bug on cover loader
  • fixed bug on TV Eps air dates
  • added Shelf view
  • added caching TV Show covers
  • added more display settings
  • added more sort options

Antworten
Team YaMBro

27.08.2011, 10:10:04 via Website

Hey there,

we've finally release version 0.6 to public (beta-testing ;-). Thanks to all users that tested the dev-version and the feedback.

We've tried to implement all your feature requests in this version, but some are still on the ToDo-list for future versions.

The most amazing and desperately expected feature is the online updates for XBMC content. Yeah, we made it happen (but still in experimental status).

We know, the documentation runs out of date, so here is some brief introduction to the XBMC online updates:

Prerequisites
  • you've imported your MyVideo34.db to internal db (done in Settings main screen)
  • you've chosen "internal" as db path
  • you've set up XBMC connection in Settings

We're looking for some volunteers doing homepage-stuff, documentations, wikis, translations, etc.
If you're interested, don't hesitate to contact us.

We're looking forward hearing about your experiences with version 0.6

Thanks again,

Team YaMBro

PS: YaMBro moved to a new Homepage

Antworten