BeschreibungCalculates sunrise, sunset, twilights, golden hours, length of day, the path of the sun and moon, moonrise & moonset times and more for any date, anywhere in the world. Handy for astronomy, photography, outdoor activities, planning gardens, holidays, hunting, and more. Four widgets are included so the information is at your fingertips when you need it.
· Sunrise and sunset times with azimuths
· Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
· Solar noon with elevation
· Golden hours
· Length of daylight
· Rise, set and transit times for the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
· Lunar phase and illuminated fraction
· Track the azimuth and elevation of the sun, moon and planets individually or together
· Solar and lunar eclipses 2000-2020
· Solstices and equinoxes 2000-2020
· Earth aphelion and perihelion 2000-2020
· Notifications and alarms for sun and moon rise and set events
· Monthly calendar views showing how times change each day
· Choice of light and dark themes
You can use your location from wireless networks or GPS, select places on a map, search by name or zip code or enter coordinates. Locations can be saved for later use.
Sundroid Free calculates sun and moon rise and set, and includes demos of all Pro features except the widgets, so you can try before you buy.
Please email me with problems, questions and suggestions, I'm happy to help!
***** New feature: Sun, moon and planet tracker *****
This feature shows the path of the sun, moon or any planet through the sky. This has many uses including garden planning, photography and even finding a shady spot to park your car.
The path is shown as a line on a compass disc, where the edge represents the horizon and the center is vertically up. You can view this on a road map, satellite map, or a plain background. Compass rotation is supported on the plain background.
***** New feature: Alarms *****
As well as setting simple notifications for events, you can now set up alarms so you'll never miss a sunrise photo opportunity!
***** Example uses *****
Here are some examples of what Sundroid can be used for. If you've found another use, let me know!
· Hunting and fishing
· Photo and film shoots
· Planning holidays and outdoor events
· Positioning solar panels
· Planning a garden
· Choosing a new home
· Parking your car in the shade
***** About permissions *****
In case you're concerned about permissions, here's what Sundroid needs them for. I'm happy to answer any question you have about security, so please feel free to get in touch.
· Internet access: Used to look up the name and time zone of your location, and for location selection using maps and search. Connects to Google only; there is no usage monitoring. Offline use is supported.
· Coarse and fine location: Allows Sundroid to get your current location (at your request) using GPS or networks.
· Prevent device from sleeping: Allows an alarm to keep sounding until you dismiss it. Otherwise it might be cancelled before you wake.
· Disable keylock: Allows Sundroid to show an alarm when the phone is locked so you can dismiss it without having to unlock the phone yourself. Keylock is re-enabled as soon as the alarm is dismissed.
· Start at boot: Alarms and notifications are cancelled when the phone is turned off, and this permission allows Sundroid to reset them.
· Control vibrator: For alarms and notifications.
· External storage: Google Maps uses this to cache map tiles for better performance. Sundroid does not read or write anything on SD.
· Google services: Required by Google Maps. Sundroid does not use it.