BeschreibungNo Way But Down is a roguelike RPG in the style of ADOM, Rogue (duh...), NetHack, Castle of the Winds...and a few other personal favorites.
Control mappings are similar to ADOM and NetHack - to see an in-game listing of controls, hit the ? button.
If you like No Way But Down (or hate it for that matter), please rate it and add a comment with your rating. For more complicated suggestions, please shoot me an e-mail - I can't respond to Market comments. Additionally, feel free if anything is confusing - or doesn't work correctly - to e-mail me.
Version 0.2.9 - 3/20/2012
Just a few small stability changes while I work on some bigger stuff.
* Selling to a shopkeeper could cause crashes in rare cases. * Items will no longer show up for a little while in your inventory after you've sold them.
* In very rare cases (1 out of 500ish), a dungeon level might be created that would not allow you to move. This won't happen any more.
* For people using the soft keyboard, I set it up so a long press does a key repeat. It makes it a little less exhausting to play using the software keyboard, hopefully.
Version 0.2.8 - 12/4/2011
Note - installing this update will mean that you will lose any games you currently have saved.
* Added shopkeepers, gold, talk command.
* Added a look command.
* Fixed crashes when generating a new level.
* Added weapons for previously unused categories (axe, spear, chain weapons, etc etc).
* Switched to a more nuanced notion of item rarity and monster rarity.
* Items will now be more varied in quality.
* Nerfed the ring of feathers a bit (sorry, it was way too good).
* 'Open room' levels will not occur too early in the game (as they're pretty difficult).
* A small mountain of other miscellaneous fixes.
* Check the keybindings to see any / all new commands.
* Fix potential crash with rainbow-hued potion.
* Fix issues with the equip screen getting wonky with a lot of items.
* Change level generation logic - it should look less like an acid dream now.
* Some performance optimizations for levels with a lot of monsters.
* Ability to change font size is now included (check yon ? menu), as well as an alternate hardware key to descend stairs.
Sorry for the small update - my day job is kicking my ass. Hope to get more done next time. Suggestions always welcome.
Version 0.2.6 (9/7/2011)
* Added some more usable items.
* Updating ad mediation stuff - I can now remove one stupid & unnecessary permission from my app.
* Some code cleanup. Removed an unused jar which reduces the size somewhat.
* Attempting to resubmit mostly so I can see if this'll resolve the package unsigned error that cropped up the last update. That one's not my fault - the Android market causes this problem sometimes: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android%20Market/thread?tid=11b65a3c2807848a&hl=en
Version 0.2.5 (8/17/11)
* Fixed issues with late-game monster difficulty scaling (WAY too easy if a player had a high Evade).
* Added in a system of monster rarity so the more unique ones appear less often.
* Items picked up now appear at the top of the carried items screen.
* Fixed some recurring issues with scrolling the list of carried items with large numbers of items.
* Added the beginnings of a manual.
* Added a surprise on level 13.
* Pushed back monsters to later levels to better handle their new higher difficulty.
* Behind-the-scenes cleaning.
* Monsters will no longer take a free turn when you descend a level.
* Added a confirmation dialogue to the quit command.
* Added a log screen to view recent messages - 'm'.
* The help screen now scrolls.
* Updated my fugly application icon to a slightly less fugly one.
* Loading a saved game wouldn't restore the number of turns you had taken, leading the high score upon death to be much lower than it should be.
keyword stuff: rpg roguelike rogue nethack role playing game