BeschreibungOffline English-Greek Dictionary.
Αγγλο-Ελληνικό Λεξικό offline
* Over 50.000 words
* Πάνω από 50.000 λέξεις
* Works offline! No internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Δεν χρειάζεται σύνδεση στο Internet!
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Greek (if available) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Ακούστε στην σωστή προφορά
* No Greek keyboard needed! you can write Greek words using both Greek and Latin characters
This version is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks :)
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
- How can I change the speech language?
Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* Greek (if installed)
* American English
* British English
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.